Pass The Keys | Wilf’s Barn, Wedmore a romantic cottage for twoWedmore
About this listing
This gorgeous barn conversion is now a cozy and welcoming holiday cottage. Rural but not remote it is tucked away in our garden here at Brickyard Farm at the end of a farm track on the outskirts of Wedmore and a few minutes walk from the centre of the village with it’s many shops, deli and pubs. Full of character and charm this is the perfect base for couples looking to explore all that Somerset has to offer.
The cottage is small but light and airy. On the ground floor is a country style bathroom with a shower over the bath and plenty of soft fluffy towels, an open plan living/dining area with a beautiful open fireplace made from reclaimed bricks and a well equipped kitchen with everything you need for a relaxing holiday or short break. Underfloor heating and a log fire makes the cottage luxuriously comfortable in winter. A basket of logs and kindling is included. The large comfortable leather sofa in front of the fire is ideal for snuggling up with a hot chocolate after a long walk or day of sightseeing. Catch up with your favorite programmed on the Smart TV or if you have a Netflix/Amazon account you can log in to watch a good film or box set.
Wooden stairs lead to the bedroom which is on a mezzanine floor above the kitchen and bathroom overlooking the living space and has a sloping ceiling and velux window with blackout blind. A romantic vintage king size bed dressed with quality cotton bed linen will ensure a peaceful and restful nights sleep.
French windows open onto a private walled terraced garden planted with roses. Here you can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning sun or a chilled glass of wine with your barbecue.
Parking for one car is on the gravel beside the cottage.
There is an outside boot room for bicycles and muddy boots. Please note there is no lock on the door, we ask that you don’t take bicycles into the cottage.
Garden furniture, sun loungers and a barbecue have been provided for your use in the area around the cottage.
Other things to note
Mobile service can be a bit patchy in Wedmore.
Weekly rates available if you make a 7 night booking.
Some of our guests comments:
“Fantastic stay. We have thoroughly enjoyed it. A brilliantly designed and relaxing cottage”.
“Absolutely gorgeous cottage – very cozy and peaceful”.
“A lovely quiet cottage. The perfect romantic retreat for two”.
The cottage is quarter of a mile down a farm track, easily accessible to all but the lowest of cars.
We have two other holiday cottage for couples here. Check out Ian’s Cottage and Goose Feather Barn on this site.
- ID: 91147
- Guests: 2
- Check-in After: 16:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Cottage
- bath linens
- Bed Linen
- Bed Linen & Towels
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning by professional cleaning companies
- Cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus used
- Complimentary Soap/Shampoo/Conditioner
- Contactless check-in and checkout is available.
- Contactless check-in available
- Contactless check-out available
- cooking basics
- cooking hob
- Cookware & Kitchen Utensils
- Disinfectants used for cleaning
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Free high speed wireless internet
- FREE internet access
- Free Parking
- Free Wireless Internet
- Guest accommodation cleaning can be avoided on request
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
- Hair dryer
- High speed Internet access
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- internet connection
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Ironing Board
- king size bed
- Laptop workspace
- Linen and towels washed in at least 60°C/140°F
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authorities guidelines
- No parties
- No Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
- Plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware sanitised
- Process in place to check guests' health
- Smart TV
- Smoke Detectors
- Social distancing following guidelines from local authorities
- Staff follow all safety protocols from local authorities
- Toilet paper
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: No